MZ Message Styles

This plugin allows you to display messages above characters on the map like ‘speech bubbles’ to show which character is talking. Plugin commands allow changing the windowskin and arrow graphic of the message windows.
These message pop-ups will shift around to try and stay on the screen no matter where the character they are targeted on is standing.

​Additionally, you can change the windowskin of the pop or default messages during game, or just temporarily change them for individual messages.

VERSION 1.6 – RPG Maker MZ

Download my master demo to view examples of this plugin from:
Galv’s MZ Plugins Home

10 thoughts on “MZ Message Styles

1. Kinan91 says:

Been waiting for this one. Thanks, Galv!

2. A Fancy Pants Guest xD says:

I have very tall sprites, but flowers that are 48×48. I know in the plugin I can permanently change the offset of the text box to go above my character, but then the text box above any of my smaller events looks really funky. Is there a way to change it without going to the plugin settings? Perfectly fine if that’s not a feature!

Version 1.3 uploaded – now has the ability to change windowskins and also specify a different y offset for individual messages (for the super big boss characters!

• Fancy Pants Guest xD says:

Thank you so much for adding these features! I’m glad that what I mentioned was something you had already thought of. ♥

Updated to version 1.4 – added compatibility code for Galv’s Message Busts MZ plugin

5. rinarunine says:

Thank you so much! Simple and works beautifully!

Is there any chance to see sound effects added to the script someday? I feel like that’s the only thing missing, a “talking”/”typing” sound.

Other than that, works a charm and am happy to have it in my game. Makes a huge difference.

Updated to version 1.6 for compatibility with my Cam Control zoom functionality.