MZ Character Frames

Enables charactersets to use more than the standard 3 frames by adding text to the filenames. These frames will show in
1-2-3-4-5-6-1-2-3-4-5-6 order, instead of the standard 1-2-3-2-1 order.

VERSION 1.0 – RPG Maker MZ

VERSION 1.2 – Add-On
Download CF Step SE
Add varied sound effects for stepping on terrain.

Download my master demo to view examples of this plugin from:
Galv’s MZ Plugins Home

14 thoughts on “MZ Character Frames

1. Angel says:

I was hoping for this, thank you for porting your amazing plugin to MZ!

But I’m wondering, is there a way to specify the “idle” frame of a spritesheet (frame number that is shown when the character is not in motion)? It’s currently stuck to the second frame.

You are correct that the idle is second frame as I left that default. I’ll look into this one day when I have time as having a way to specify is a good idea.

2. Thaaaank you very much. I’m a freelance illustrator and I have no idea how to program. Thanks to works like yours, this is possible.

3. I was suffering a lot from the limitation of frames in my sprites.

Updated CF Step SE to 1.1 – removed the stepping effects for vehicles so the airship no longer makes stepping sounds.

5. Nice to meet you!

I am using this plug-in.
    Thank you for the wonderful plugin!

I have a question.
    Is it possible to make the characters placed at the event also have the same waiting / walking animation?

When moving an event character randomly, sprites are only applied to either standby or walking.

It would be nice if you plan to make a plugin that uses the “standby when not moving” and “walking when moving” sprites as well as actors.

※Because I use Google Translate, there may be some strange parts in English.

This plugin can already do idle and move animations for events that move randomly. You need to add a note tag to the event’s not field. Check the plugin instructions and demo for examples.

6. Rinober says:

Hi, I just noticed that terrain tag 7 does not seem to work when using the step sounds. It doesn’t play a sound. Terrain tags 1-6 work fine :)

7. Billy says:

I have a 5 frame walk, with middle at neutral.
    When the character idles, it idles on frame 2, which is really unnatural =(

Could you please make option to idle at a certain frame?