MZ Character Animations

Makes actors use their own charactersheet and changes their graphic to different characters for when they are idle, walking, running or jumping.
You can also set a common event to run after the player is idle for a set amount of time.
Events can also use this system if desired.

VERSION 1.2 – RPG Maker MZ

Download my master demo to view examples of this plugin from:
Galv’s MZ Plugins Home

13 thoughts on “MZ Character Animations

Updated to version 1.1 to fix issue with the idle common event timing.

updated to version 1.2 to add an option for vehicles to use default characterset (and not require the full character animations characterset).

3. Herki B Mustalainen says:

how do U use it?

Have a read over the plugin documentation and investigate the demo. A good way to learn how to use plugins is to ask in an RPG Maker forum.

• Buck says:

I’m having an issue where I’m using an 8 frame animation sheet with idle walk run but the animation sheet is either stuck in the idle position(When I use one per character) or constantly running through the animations (When I have the full Idle walk run sheet) I’m not sure what i’m doing wrong. Thanks in advance

I don’t know what you are doing wrong either, I recommend checking out the demo and comparing. Maybe put your sheet into the demo to make sure your project doesn’t have a conflict.

4. 2Doors says:

Hey Galv! This is 2Doors who is a big fan of your plugin since VX ace.
    Currently I’m developing my RMMZ game and using bunch or your MZ plugins for the game. Thanks a lot! You are my life saver!!
    One thing I have a question regarding is there any possibility to make the character sprite sheet with perfect square instead of the horizontal
    Rectangle. I mean [Idle, Walk, Dash, Jump] those 4 animations are placed in a horizontal and your ref image with Diagonal movement has set 1024 x 512px.
    For texture memory saving, I just heard [256×256, 512×512, 1024×1024] texture sizes help for the memory saving. (If I’m wrong please correct me).
    If yes, what about 2 character sprite sheets ( or 4 characters if non-diagonal ) in one image? and choose by filename 1-2, 2-2 ( or 1-4, 2-4. 3-4. 4-4 ) like that.
    It…. is probably a sort of stupid question but I had some bad experience with last RPG MV for mobile version about texture memory issue.
    Anyway, your plugins are awesome as always. The above question is my personal temptation. ;)
    If you think that works easy please advise me. if wrong question or info, please avoid that!
    Thanks a lot!!

Sorry, I don’t plan on making any changes to this plugin – it works as is using the default spritesheet setup. I haven’t heard of the texture sizes needing to be square, but I don’t really do these plugins for mobile.

5. Alexandra says:

I realize this is a super old forum, but does this plugin work on other, non-player character sprites?

6. Hussin says:

Hey there, is there a quick and dirty way to make Rexal’s Visual Equipment plugin use these sprite sheets correctly? It tries to read them as the original sizes and setups i think, idk there are sprites all over the place.