MZ Cam Control

This plugin adds a sliding motion to the normal camera motion when the player moves and also allows you to change the camera focus to:
– Player
– Event
– X,Y coordinates
Camera will slide to each target it changes to at speed specified in plugin call.
This plugin also enables Zooming in and out to center of the screen and a ‘wait for camera’ command.

VERSION 1.7 – RPG Maker MZ

Download my master demo to view examples of this plugin from:
Galv’s MZ Plugins Home

25 thoughts on “MZ Cam Control

1. Hans says:

Good Job!
    Is it possible to add to option to focus on the Event Name instead the ID?

2. Reid says:

Man, you’re awesome. Thanks a lot for your work.

Updated to 1.3 – added the ability to zoom to the center of the screen

4. anbata17go says:

HELLO!

I Use this Plugin, and it’s great helpful.

but unfortunately, this plugin has a bug.

this plugin on(ONLY this plugin on, even) -> save -> Load -> Map loading is failed. only event is showing.

I’m sorry my broken english. (I’m not american)

Updated to version 1.4 – fixed a bug when loading saved game

6. Rival says:

Hello, I tried to use this plugin, but the camera doesn’t center on the character or target event at all. It may be due to my resolution, because I made the resolution bigger.

I used your mv cam control plugin and it was amazing. It worked with the same resolution size then, but not with mz version.

I have no issues in my project with different resolutions – you might need to check for plugin incompatibility. Also, remember the screen won’t center on the event if it hits the edge of your map.

• Rival says:

Ah, yes. Thank you. Unfortunately, there seems to be a compatibility issue with one or multiple of visustella’s/yanfly’s plugins.

7. Mike says:

I had the same problem.
    I don’t know if this helps for everyone. But if I set the entry New Game on Boot to false in the settings of VisuMZ CoreEngine at Quality of Life Settings, the error will not occur anymore.

8. It doesn’t wait for zoom to complete its duration and starts the next event command before that.

Correct – so you can zoom while other event commands are happening. If you want it to wait, use the ‘Wait’ event command after it.

9. Kevin Kham says:

I was wondering if you can add an offset. I use this script to make the entire game zoomed in by 2x, but my characters are two tiles high, so the player feels just one tile higher.

PS love your library of scripts. They’ve helped me progressed so much :)

10. Great plugin. In my game, I set a high resolution and increased the zoom (200%), however, each map should have +6 cells at the edges, otherwise the character goes off the screen.

11. compatibility bug with other plugins: ‘(