MV Tools

This plugin creates a tool system, where the player can cycle between items that are designated as tools and press a button to use the tool that is selected on the screen.
The basis behind this plugin is to allow players to event what happens when a tool is used, giving the player script calls to use to assist them with tool functionality. Each tool activates a common event to control this.
This plugin requires database and eventing knowledge.

18 thoughts on “MV Tools

1. Mike says:

I love this! It would be great with crop system! :)

2. I love how versatile this is; really useful! By the way, could you please make it so that the item name is also shown on top of the tool hud? I spent hours trying to achieve this but I don’t know a thing about programming :/ thanks for the plugin!!

3. Mike says:

Galv, can you please help me? I wanted to smash rocks with more that one hit, how can I achieve it? Tried with self switches but I failed…

4. Mike says:

Galv, is it possible to change notetags from upper event comment field to comment inside event pages? Would be so cool If I can use different tool on broken rock or tree stump for example. I can’t achieve it right now :( Thanks for your patience.

I’m not sure what you mean… What exactly are you trying to do?

• Mike says:

I want that I can smash crates for random items, also you can use crowbar on crates for planks, but I want that you can’t use crowbar on broken crates (after braking it with pickaxe), so in this way I can only make one event and you can use that tool on every page (even if the crate is broken) – I’m using self switches so don’t wanted to use switches to check is every crate broken or not, it’s lot of crates.

Why can’t you use self switch to change the crate to a broken page and add the comment to that page so that tools won’t work on it anymore?

5. AFX says:

Hi Galv.

In advance, sorry to ask you again something about compatibility between plugins. Your plugin “Tools” seems to have a little worry of incompatibility with the plugin QMovement (https://quxios.github.io/#/plugins/QMovement): indeed, it is impossible for me to use my tools because the Key does not work. I tried the “alt”, “control”, “shift” but no results. Of course, when I disable the plugin “QMovement” everything works perfectly. Can you help me please ?

6. AFX says:

Yes i tried but no effect. Indeed, it is a pixel movement plugin and it seems to pose quite a lot of problems with other plugins of any kind, but I must say that this one is the one that bothers me the most because My game is largely based on your system tools (hacking doors, consoles, etc).

Yeah, pixel based movement changes the default engine so it’s less likely to work with other plugins. I’ll take a looksy and see if I can get them to play nice when I get some time.

7. AFX says:

8. Natasha says:

Has anyone had any issues lining up correctly to water the crops? I am new to the game so maybe there is some trick that I am not aware of?