MV Tools

This plugin creates a tool system, where the player can cycle between items that are designated as tools and press a button to use the tool that is selected on the screen.
The basis behind this plugin is to allow players to event what happens when a tool is used, giving the player script calls to use to assist them with tool functionality. Each tool activates a common event to control this.
This plugin requires database and eventing knowledge.

38 thoughts on “MV Tools

1. Mike says:

I love this! It would be great with crop system! :)

2. I love how versatile this is; really useful! By the way, could you please make it so that the item name is also shown on top of the tool hud? I spent hours trying to achieve this but I don’t know a thing about programming :/ thanks for the plugin!!

3. Mike says:

Galv, can you please help me? I wanted to smash rocks with more that one hit, how can I achieve it? Tried with self switches but I failed…

4. Mike says:

Galv, is it possible to change notetags from upper event comment field to comment inside event pages? Would be so cool If I can use different tool on broken rock or tree stump for example. I can’t achieve it right now :( Thanks for your patience.

I’m not sure what you mean… What exactly are you trying to do?

• Mike says:

I want that I can smash crates for random items, also you can use crowbar on crates for planks, but I want that you can’t use crowbar on broken crates (after braking it with pickaxe), so in this way I can only make one event and you can use that tool on every page (even if the crate is broken) – I’m using self switches so don’t wanted to use switches to check is every crate broken or not, it’s lot of crates.

Why can’t you use self switch to change the crate to a broken page and add the comment to that page so that tools won’t work on it anymore?

5. AFX says:

Hi Galv.

In advance, sorry to ask you again something about compatibility between plugins. Your plugin “Tools” seems to have a little worry of incompatibility with the plugin QMovement (https://quxios.github.io/#/plugins/QMovement): indeed, it is impossible for me to use my tools because the Key does not work. I tried the “alt”, “control”, “shift” but no results. Of course, when I disable the plugin “QMovement” everything works perfectly. Can you help me please ?

6. AFX says:

Yes i tried but no effect. Indeed, it is a pixel movement plugin and it seems to pose quite a lot of problems with other plugins of any kind, but I must say that this one is the one that bothers me the most because My game is largely based on your system tools (hacking doors, consoles, etc).

Yeah, pixel based movement changes the default engine so it’s less likely to work with other plugins. I’ll take a looksy and see if I can get them to play nice when I get some time.

7. AFX says:

8. Natasha says:

Has anyone had any issues lining up correctly to water the crops? I am new to the game so maybe there is some trick that I am not aware of?

9. Hey Galv, just wondering if it would be possible for you to add pixel movement support. Loving the plugin :)

10. Mike says:

Hello Galv, any chance to add durability function for tools?

11. zboy7 says:

I want to change the size of the tool icon on the screen.
    Change or zoom in the icon to 64 pixels.
    Can you increase the parameter of adjusting the length and width?
    Or change the tool icon into a picture?

12. Kitty says:

The plugin update is great, however it doesn’t seem to refresh the number of items when and item is ‘used’

for example, I’m using this as a way to give gifts to npcs, I have 2 apples, if I give them an apple, it stays at 2 apples unless I scroll back and forth, any way to make it update automatically so that the current amount is always reflected?

13. Zen says:

The Tool plugin is great work! I’m using it in my game. :)

A suggestion… could the tool HUD disappear a few seconds after use? And then come back once a selection button is pressed?

The tool functionality is evented, you would do this via common event using script calls:
      $gameSystem.toolBtnDisabled = false;
      $gameSystem.toolBtnDisabled = true;

14. Hi, first of all I wanted to thank you for the great system. Second, I apologize because I am Brazilian and maybe I write wrong.

Anyway, I encountered this problem. It is not possible to harvest when I am on top of another event. Look at the image: http://imgur.com/8D54Goj

I can only harvest if I am out of the area where it is planted. Is there any way to prevent this? Thank you.

Ahhh darn. Yeah RPG Maker prioritizes the lower event when activating instead of the event in front. Thanks for letting me know, I’ll have to work something out when I get time

15. Well, for the time being I put the condition “Galv.TOOLS.frontEvent ();” In the common event “Interact With Crop” and created a new TOOL called “Hands” to harvest. I’ll be waiting for you, if I can.

Again, excuse my English.

16. Eraine says:

Hi,
    I really like this plugin (actually, all of them ;)). Been playing around with this one combined with the crops plugin and that gives lots of options. I’m trying to have the player clear a field before being able to use it, so I created an event that can be cleared with a tool, and then use the spawn plugin to place a crops event on top of the cleared one. However, right now I have to event that for every possible cropplot-x/y coordinate. Is there a scriptcall I can use to get the Tool.EventID location, that I can use as input in the Spawn.event scriptcall? (I hope this makes sense…, English is not my first language)

Thanks!