MV Map Projectiles

Create projectiles that can interact with player and events using script calls.
These projectiles can be fired from the player or an event and set to shoot in a direction, at a target or toward the mouse position. Settings can be used to control which projectiles will hit or run an action on other events, which terrain tag or region id tiles block them, different actions they will do when then hit the player or an event and more.

33 thoughts on “MV Map Projectiles

1. Nico says:

Nice job Galv ;-)

2. StyX says:

I get always the same error. In a new project, too.

‘Cannot read property ‘_erased’ of undefined
    Even if i copy your events in my project or a new one

3. Kaosporpio says:

Is there a way to freeze the motion of projectiles?
    I use own menus and i need to pause the game
    (Sorry for my English)

Updated to 1.1 with a bug fix to normal Switch changing

5. Vectorinox says:

I tried something like; player shots projectile, it hits an event, then it runs a common event. Apparently, the common event runs for the projectile, not the event being hit. Wouldn’t it be better to make the common event runs for the event being hit? That way you can just put erase event or self-switch inside the common event being run, and give more flexibility for more options.

I didn’t think to investigate how I could have a common event act as though it was run inside an event. I agree that would have been better.

6. Junior says:

Is it possible to set a different key to control player based projectiles e.g. spacebar or v?

7. Hi Galv! Great plugin.

Is is possible to have the X offset too? I want arrows to be shot from side walls. But since the side walls have collision, I need to put the event next to it, but the projectile is shooting from the middle of the event. I’d like to put the offset a few pixels to the side. Something like:

// x offset for where projectiles start from.

8. ZeronFX says:

Hey there! This plugin is working great, except when I try to shoot an event with a player-originating bullet, I get this error:

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘toUpperCase’ of undefined

The bullet is supposed to be setting off an event’s Self Switch A, any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Compare your setup to the demo and make sure it’s correct. I will need to see screenshots of your setup before I can help

• ZeronFX says:

I accidentally used a comma instead of a colon in the self-switch activation setup. Dumb mistake =/

Thanks for the reply!

9. AFLY says:

How i stop the projectiles? i try to make a cutscene where event shot for a few second and stop shoting then

I don’t understand what you mean. It depends how you are making the projectiles… if you are using parallel process then you’d stop the parallel process.

10. Yulia says:

Sometimes projectle goes through event with comment for some reason..

This isn’t enough information for me to be able to reproduce the bug to help you.

• Yulia says:

I made a common event to shoot projectiles: If Input.isTriggered(‘ok’) run script Galv.PROJ.dir(-1,0,8,8,’bullet0′,1,’|s(A:on)’,[1],[1],3,1);
        But sometimes projectiles fly through an event with projEffect comment without triggering selfswitch A.
        (Sorry, English isn’t my first language, hope you’ll understand)

• Yulia says:

Also, it seems it happens only with moving events.

It might be that it is detecting the event on the tile it is moving to. It currently detects tile-based collision

• Yulia says:

I see. Thanks!

11. Jackson says:

It would be interesting to add a radius option. As soon as the character is X away, the event starts firing.

12. cyncym says:

Thanks for this. You are awesome. You made my game possible with this.

13. cyncym says:

Is it possible to “aim” with the cursor and not looking with the character?

14. StyX92 says:

Hey galv, i try to create a shotgun. I want that the character shots one bullet i the direction where your mouse is. Thats no problem, but i want to spree / split the bullet. They should fly like that: \ | /
    This will work if you dont use the mouse. But if i use it, I cant define the other two bullets. I hope you know what i mean :D