MV Event Detectors

Adds basic functionality to check if events are within a certain distance of the player and if the player is in 180 degree line of sight.
In addition, behaviors can be set up for events to automatically act differently when detecting and not detecting, such as guards chasing when detecting the player and returning to their start location when they lose sight of them (this uses default pathfinding code so does not do long distances well).

14 thoughts on “MV Event Detectors

1. Freezegazer says:

Woah! It’s cool! Thank You for interesting scripts.
    I’m really a fan of You.

Cvrtis.

2. Galaxyglow says:

Ah sweet! I love sneaking in games, but Yanfly’s version was incompatible with your diagonal movement plugin. When it came between the two I chose yours. With this plugin I can do both!!

3. Black Noise says:

Nice plugin!
    I just tried this after Yanfly’s Event Encounter Aid and Event Chase Player plugins but I couldn’t find a way to get events to wander randomly before chasing the player and yours seems to fill that gap with a bit of tweaking here and there.

Although I really want my events to play a sound effect every time they detect the player. Perhaps you could add that feature to individual behaviors in a future update?

Thanks.

4. Chandler Rounsley says:

This plugin is awesome but I’ve encountered a bit of a bug when the chasing event gets stuck. It causes the game to drop to like 1 fps. The events get stuck if I use dev commands to walk through walls, or even if a different even gets in its way while it walks back to its start position.

I don’t know if this is an error with my version or the whole plugin but I figured I’d let you know.

Unfortunately it uses the default RPG Maker pathfinding which I have heard drops FPS at times when used on slower machines and I have no way to test this as I don’t have a machine that can replicate it unfortunately :(

Not sure what you mean about walking through walls thing. I would need a project setup to look at what you’ve done before I can help any.

Ahh, if you are testing using this plugin then I wouldn’t advise using that debug through movement. I don’t plan to look into that particular issue

• Chandler Rounsley says:

That’s what I figured I’d do (stop using that) but then another event blocked the path back to the start point and the fps dropped in the same way.

As in completely blocked the path? So the event couldn’t possible walk back to the start?
        I didn’t think of that, I think you might need to design your map to make that not possible to do perhaps.

6. Superdude says:

Is there any way to make the LOS a straight line? i.e. The NPC is looking straight at you with nothing in the way. The 180-degree arc complicates my game a bit too much.