MV Invader Mini Game

A top-down shooter mini game with complex customization and setup. This plugin is not plug-and-play, it requires a lot of work to set it up and good knowledge of eventing (a basic knowledge of javascript will also help a lot).

Customization includes building your own enemies, objects, weapons, levels, bosses etc. An xls file has been included to assist in creating the script calls required to use in RPG Maker MV for each customization step.
Touch screen capability is active but limited as this is designed for keyboard/gamepad play.

Keyboard controls:
Left/Right/Up/Down keys to move
Space/Enter – fire main weapons
Shift (hold) – charge up charge weapons
Shieft (release) – fire charge weapons

Future updates include:
– A scene where player will be able to equip modules to their ship and play the mini game with their own ship layout.
– Extensive “How-To” tutorial for setting up the mini game (pending patreon support!)
– Much more!

VERSION 1.2 RPG Maker MV
Download Plugin File
Download Demo (29Mb download)

15 thoughts on “MV Invader Mini Game

1. BUGS:
    1:A object(enemy) whitout modules don’t spawn, create enemy whitout modules is useful to create asteroids
    2:You can’t die whit collission

2. dr.spider says:

Nice script But I have just a question

Where can I change the animation when an normal enemy is going dei?

Bug: (I think) when im playing on my mobile it work greats till the boss is coming up then all is going very slowmotion ( I don’t know its a bug or not maybe its a problem of my phone LG Leon 4g)

Sory for my bad english.

You need to change the “dieAnim” attribute for that enemy object.

The boss I made probably has too many projectiles happening at once for your phone to handle.

Updated to 0.8 – many things added including freedom of movement, charged weapons, armor and more. New demo download to show the new stuff.

4. Andi N. Dirgantara says:

Wonderful and awesome. Just wondering, why you choose RPG maker to create game like that? I think using other JS game engine like Phaser will be more easy.

updated to version 1.2 with fixes that caused crash in new MV1.3 update

6. Elros says:

how much?
    where i can buy it? (sorry for my bad english D: )

7. Galexireb says:

I’m not very fond with scripting, but that never stopped me from trying.
    That could be the first time X°D
    Trying to replicate your game (to use as a basis to understand where to put things and how move them) it ALWAYS gives “Cannot read property ‘splashImage’ of undefined” and since it’s UNDEFINED I can’t actually understand where the problem is. I tried a lot of things on eventing, even deleting all parts where the word splashImage appeared, but still nothing…
    It’s your mini-game, so you could perhaps understand where the problem is. I have the latest version and I changed the animation invoices in the scripts and plugin preview to use those I have. I also copy-paste every image and sound in the demo…
    Please help T.T

This is a very complex plugin and for advanced users. Unfortunately I don’t have time to error trap everyone’s project for them :(

You can see where the problem is if you open the console (F8) for more error details.

8. Tudar says:

how can i remove player’s acceleration?

Removing the player’s acceleration would mean it wouldn’t move at all.

The acceleration code you could play with is here:
      Sprite_InvaderObject.prototype.setSpeeds = function() {
      this.accel = Math.round(((this._obj.horzSpeed + this.maxHorzSpeedBonus) / 100) * 10) / 10;
      this.vertSpeed = this._obj.vertSpeed + this.vertSpeedBonus;
      this.maxHorzSpeed = (this._obj.horzSpeed + this.maxHorzSpeedBonus) * 0.5;
      this.horzSpeed = this._obj.horzSpeed;
      };

I haven’t included any settings to change the acceleration or momentum, though – I might one day but not soon.