MV Visibility Range

Creates a graphic above the player to be used to hide everything around them except for the transparency in the image. This could be used to create a visibility range around the player while the rest of the screen is hidden.
The overlay can be zoomed in and out to shrink/grow the range and also have varied transparency.
The visibility range image can be changed during game.

17 thoughts on “MV Visibility Range

1. Krusher says:

Hello, while I’ve found your script useful, I’ve got an issue with it. When reentering a scrolling map, it starts top lag in chrome (and only in chrome). Have you experienced anything like that?

I haven’t but I will put on my to-do list to check this out

• Krusher says:

Actually, after deactivating the plugin I’m still experiencing lag on some maps. I better do some research first, but I now think your plugin is not to blame. Sorry to have bothered you.

Updated to version 1.2 – removing the permanently existing visrange. Now it must be created/removed when required.

3. maxwright74 says:

Thanks for making this. Unfortunately, I’m having some trouble. The demo works fine. But if I cut and past the actor and the scripts from the demo into another game (and update the common event tags) and start a new game, everything works except the screen does not darken. It seems the Comment command and the loop that darkens the opacity is not running. It seems to read that, but nothing happens, and it moves on to the last text box from the actor. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

4. Alex says:

Z level does not work

It does actually, but it is the z level of map objects. If you are trying to make it over other things like windows or pictures then it won’t work for that.

5. Jim says:

So, I’m confused on how all of this works. I read the plugin info, but I can’t seem to wrap my head around it. To be honest, I can’t understand how to use many of your plugins, such that I’ve been skipping out on ones that seem even remotely complicated.
    It bothers me because they look interesting, but the explanations given are extremely confusing for someone who doesn’t know how to code.

• Jim says:

Also I can never use demo because it’s unable to use actors.json

It sounds like you are running the index file in a browser that doesn’t support loading local files.
        You need to run Game.rpgproject to run the demo in RPG Maker MV.

A lot of my plugins are complicated and do require users to have learned some of the more advanced aspects of RPG Maker MV (such as plugin manager, script calls, etc).

It’s okay if you don’t understand my plugins – there are plenty of other scripters who have written other plugins you could try.

6. nick says:

love the plugin but how do i get this to work with other objects that are suposto make light on the wall or will this only work for the player?

7. pineapple says:

I believe that it is this plugin that’s making the open/close menu really slow, sometimes taking up to 10 seconds.
    Is there any fix to that?

Make sure you have the latest version of MV files in your project. Just updating your RPG Maker software isn’t enough, you need to manually copy over files.
      10 seconds makes me think it’s a memory leak happening for you and that was with old MV files