MV Superman Ability

Enables the player to takeoff and land like superman with the press of a button.
Uses a different characterset for flying and the flight button can be enabled/disabled during game.

10 thoughts on “MV Superman Ability

1. Myra says:

This is super cool. I was hoping you would remake this for MV. I take it this works like the airship which can move to any time without exception? It would be cool if you could set one (or multiple) unfly:able tiles using regions or something. It’s a little weird when you can fly though walls and stuff. That really only works on a world map.

Yeah, works exactly like airship. I’ll look into setting up fly blocking regions and terrain tags when I get some time

• Mamma Flammone says:

Any update about including this feature? Yanfly’s region restrictions do not seem to work, and I can’t grasp why with my limited scripting and mv knowledge. If you have some time (but not enough to update your script) could you provide some hint on how one could implement blocking regions for your plugin? Very nice btw!

No update yet. I cant give a hint without spending time to work it out first unfortunately.

• Mamma Flammone says:

I have an update myself for anybody interested! I excluded isThrough check in the original rpg_objects.js, and I used Yanfly’s Region Restrictions but removed any isThrough check from there too. Then I added “if (this.isThrough()) return true;” after region controls in function isMapPassable. Seems to work as expected (now Yanfly’s stops movement even when one is “superman”).

2. Dream says:

OMG, now a Dragonball, Marvel & DC game is possible. Thank you sooooo much!!!

3. Natasha says:

I am so excited about this plugin! I can’t wait to let the kids playing my game fly around the map!! Is anyone else having issues with it not working if the map has parallax?

This plugin has nothing to do with the parallax so I am not sure why that would do anything. Here’s a list of things to check for as why it might be happening:

Make sure to check for plugin conflicts there – if you are using a parallax plugin.

• Natasha says:

I figured it out! After going through each plugin and not seeing a change, I realized that it might have to do with regions. I am very new to RPGMaker (like 2 weeks new), and have been following tutorials to make everything. I used Hudell’s Overlay and YEP Region Restrictions to make my map.

But, your plugin requires the typical X and O information because so does the Airship. So, I just need to go in and add the X and O regions under my base map! I hope that makes sense. I am so happy I got it to work without having to get rid of parallax! Thanks, Galv!!

4. Brian T says: