MV Fishing Mini Game

This plugin adds a new fishing mini game to your project similar to that of Breath of Fire 2’s. This plugin is not plug-and-play and requires setting up. It may be difficult for new users.

– Customise a range of fish attributes to change how they behave such as bait they eat, speed, difficulty to reel in (and more)
– Customise each fishing spot’s backgrounds and music
– Add specific fish or objects or randomize them for each fishing spot. Use eventing to add quest items to catch from the water.
The demo contains examples of some things you can do.

How to Use
– Copy the “GALV_Fishing.js” file into your project’s /js/plugins/ folder.
– Activate plugin using the ‘Plugin Manager’
– Create a new folder: /img/fishing/
– Read the help file and examine the demo to learn how it works

You’ll notice that the RTP doesn’t come with many useful fishing icons (to use for rods and baits), and there’s not a whole lot of fish for you to use included in the demo – you’ll need to source or make your own resources to use.
The demo fish were created by Matt Beer.

VERSION 1.3 RPG Maker MV
Download Plugin File
Download Demo (24Mb download)

30 thoughts on “MV Fishing Mini Game

1. alscino says:

Awsome, U made it !
    You’re the best Galv !!
    Thanx !

2. Yui says:

Hi Galv! I would just like to let you know that I am currently using this new plugin you made and it’s really awesome! Thank you!

3. Where can I contact you to obtain legal use of this one for commercial use?

4. StyX says:

Love it!
    very nice! Best fishing game.
    But how i get the chest out of the sea? :D I played it 10min but i can not get it outside the water :D

5. ArcheoFox says:

Thank you for taking over one of the best fishing systems! Could I just make some suggestions to go further?

– It would be great to be able to activate a common event as soon as we fish some fish (for example: when my bait touches an octopus, a fight starts)

– You surely planned for the next: add a bar of force for the fishing line. Then, it would be realistic to lose the bait when a fish is caught or when the (fishing) line breaks.

– It would be great to be able to add one or more graphic elements and / or animations to the screen and to be able to place them where desired.

Thank you in advance and bravo for your new plugins, you are one of my favorite programmers :-)

Thanks for your kind words. Unfortunately I can not commit time to improving this plugin unless I can get much more support from the community.
      But I do want to add such improvements one day.

6. ArcheoFox says:

I go to support you on Patreon in the next days. See ya and keep up the great work.

7. Callan says:

I keep getting an error? ive copied all items and events in there order based on the demo, but it keeps saying length undefined when I interact with the bubble?

Sounds like you have done something incorrectly.
      This is a complex plugin – I recommend instead of copying things over that you try and learn how to use it.

8. sylphries says:

Just got MV and i tried this
    in when i caught that treasure chest
    it didn’t appear on inventory

happen both in demo and trial project

any specific action to make chest appear as item?
    ( already check database and plugin : fish 5 chest )

9. Francisco says:

Brother I loved your project but when I play the fish it does not consume the bait it has to change it or I do not know configures of de ja thanks

10. francisco says:

Cool when you fiddle when you have two heroes of the error, you can only have one.
    Thank you for the attention, excuse the mistakes I’m Brazilian.

11. francisco says:

Two characters two dolls if you have more than one in the game of rpg can not catch the error one can only have one personage

12. Kyonima says:

Hey Galv,
    First of all, this is an awesome plugin, it gives me the chance to allow players to do something a little different every once and awhile.
    I’m having one problem setting it up though. My game is currently using a different screen resolution than the default (960×540) using YanFly’s Core Engine. I’ve edited the assets and such to match the resolution which is fine but changing the Fisher Info in the plugin settings doesnt seem to do anything. Also, the fish are now hitting an invisible wall where the rocks used to be :)
    Is there someway I can fix this? Thanks.

What do you mean changing the fishing info doesn’t seem to do anything?
      The ‘Fisher Info’ plugin setting is what you need to change… increase the x value to push the fisher to the right.

• Kyonima says:

Hey, thanks for replying. I’m not sure what the problem was but I restarted my pc and it somehow fixed itself (before that, changing the x value in the parameters didnt change a thing).

Thanks anyways :) Much love for your plugins, keep doing what you’re doing <3