MV Custom Title

This plugin provides a lot of settings to change the appearance of the default title screen. Features such as:
– Title color, position, font
– Command menu windowskin, position, size, text color and font
– Add as many animated sprites to the screen as desired that can loop and play database animations
– Add as many moving parallaxes to the screen as desired
– Enable a “press start” option to require player to press a key before menu appears

37 thoughts on “MV Custom Title

1. sebastian says:

hi galv. i checked out your demo and liked it a lot, but when i try to use it an error screen shows up in the game telling me it cannot read the property ‘split’ of undefined

What line is the error on? (press F8 to open console when the error happens).

Did you change anything in the file? Did you rename the file?

• sebastian says:

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘split’ of undefined
        at Sprite_TitleSprite.createImage (/C:/Users/SebastianPhilipp/Desktop/rpg%20projects/Project%20Sherley/js/plugins/GALV_CustomTitle.js:607)
        at Sprite_TitleSprite.initialize (/C:/Users/SebastianPhilipp/Desktop/rpg%20projects/Project%20Sherley/js/plugins/GALV_CustomTitle.js:574)
        at new Sprite_TitleSprite (/C:/Users/SebastianPhilipp/Desktop/rpg%20projects/Project%20Sherley/js/plugins/GALV_CustomTitle.js:565)
        at Scene_Title.createSprites (/C:/Users/SebastianPhilipp/Desktop/rpg%20projects/Project%20Sherley/js/plugins/GALV_CustomTitle.js:483)
        at Scene_Title.createBackground (/C:/Users/SebastianPhilipp/Desktop/rpg%20projects/Project%20Sherley/js/plugins/GALV_CustomTitle.js:435)
        at Scene_Title.create (rpg_scenes.js:246)
        at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rpg_managers.js:1769)
        at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1753)
        at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1680)

I did not change anything. All i did was copy the plugin and the press start png as well as the sprite animation character.

In your plugin settings, can you copy/paste what you have in the “Animated Sprites” parameter?

It seems to not see a specified x value

• sebastian says:

it is empty, then the error occurs. I tried “titlegalv, 6, 6, 0, 0, repeat,0,” guess I am doing something wrong

Actually you found a bug – the crash happened when no sprite settings existed. I’ve fixed this now in version 1.2 – thanks

Also make sure you didn’t put a | at the end of any data set. It should only be between them.

updated to 1.3 to fix issues in the MV 1.3.0 update

3. Hi Galv, an small question, there’s a way to change the button to skip the press start button? In pc I have to pulse “Enter” but in my phone If I click the screen nothing happens.

4. Ye Gaung says:

Sorry for my noob question…but what is the cmd window…I mean i have changed font file of CMD window…but I can’t find nothing change.. :D

On the title screen it’s where “new game” and “continue” commands usually are. If nothing changed then you might not have added your font correctly or might not be using the correct font name.

5. TrimVanelsa says:

this plugin can change command window font with image?
    i need change all command something diffrent …
    for change command title window font to Image …
    like press_start

I am not sure what you are asking but this plugin does change font for command window. Check the plugin settings and make sure you are using the font’s name correctly.

6. Bennu100 says:

Hi, i have a problem, animated sprite just appears after i press “options” button + “esc”.

7. narome2b says:

Hello Galv !

First of all, thank you for you plugin, it is very usefull !

Then, I saw that this plugin doesn’t work with your Credits plugin. When I click on “Credits”, the screen freeze during 1 second and comes back to title screen. It’s impossible to see the credits.

It is normal or not ?

Regards my friend ! :)

Works fine for me. Put the credits plugin underneath the custom title plugin. Make sure your settings are all correct… dont forget credits plugin needs an external .txt file.
      Check for other plugin conflicts if you have any.

8. Raen Andaleio says:

This is great and works nicely. Is there any chance on you adding the possibility to use custom graphics for the new game, continue and options menu points?

9. Katie says:

Hi Galv,
    I just installed the plugin and I have no idea how to use it.
    Is there any way for me to get the help file? I can’t find it anywhere and I’m pretty sure I checked everywhere. If it was right in front of me the entire time, I’ll go bonkers, but can I have some help?? Thanks!!

10. Lushi says:

Hay Galv,
    I made my title and added sprites the sprites don’t show up they used to before i updated MV now there just not there in less i go into options and back to the title screen and some times it just sits on the loading screen and does nothing. I am on MV 1.5.1 i used this to update my project to 1.5.1,

“If you have an old project that needs updating, do the following:
    Make a backup of your project.
    Create a new project or go to the NewData folder in your RPG Maker MV root (where MV is installed) folder.
    Copy the new js files (RPG*.js and Libs Folder) and replace the one in your -old project.
    DO NOT COPY plugins.js (the script file that stores all your plugin settings) or it will replace your plugin settings.
    Copy the new index.html file to your current project.
    Update gamefont.css just in case.
    It should now be updated!”

and i still have this issue. there is no errors in the debug log ether, got any ideas? cause i am stumped for once?

This seems to be a caching issue that some people experience (and I do not) but I think I’ve worked out how to fix it.
      I updated this plugin to v.1.5 now, please get it and let me know if it fixes the issue for you.

• Lushi says:

Strange, the title when it loads does now have the sprites. However, it still does the thing where when i push play it just hangs on the loading screen more often then not and never goes to the title. I did however find out that is not your script. its an error with yanflys custom fonts script it says it cant find one of my fonts that is in the folder which i can fix thank you for the sprite fix the script is working perfectly thank you for your fast reply.

11. AA says:

Hi!
    I have the previous issue, but I tried to comment out the scripts and no longer gives the error.

Scene_Boot.loadSystemImages = function() {
    	ImageManager.reserveSystem(Galv.TITLE.cmdSkin);
    	ImageManager.reserveSystem(Galv.TITLE.sImage);
    	Galv.TITLE.Scene_Boot_loadSystemImages.call(this);
    	for (var i = 0; i < Galv.TITLE.spriteData.length; i++) {
    		ImageManager.reserveSystem(Galv.TITLE.spriteData[i][0]);
    	};
    	for (var i = 0; i < Galv.TITLE.layerData.length; i++) {
    		ImageManager.reserveParallax(Galv.TITLE.layerData[i][0]);
    	};
    }

When I run as it is in my project, I get this error:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZJzUS7B.png[/img]

12. AA says:

Thanks, you are right, didn’t realized that I have to upgrade the project this way. Problem fixed!

13. AA says:

This plugin seems to have issues with TDDP_MouseSystemEx.js
    If I add a Title Font Name (both plugins enabled) then it will display an endless “Now Loading” message.

Try putting the mouse plugin below this one and see if that works. If not, unfortunately the way they were coded is not compatible with each other.

14. Adrian says:

hi, i couldn’t change font type i use this font
    could you help me
    i put in the script
    Title Font Name Final Fantasy
    Title Font File finalf.tff
    also tried
    Title Font Name finalf
    Title Font File finalf.tff

15. Emily says:

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function

I keep getting this error. I used f8, and apparently the problem is in line 352. I went to see if I could find the problem in the plugin but I don’t know enough to know exactly what I’m looking for