MV Event Spawn Timers

Allows you to set a respawn time for events that can activate a self switch or switch once their timer has expired. This time is kept from map to map.
This could be used for things like planting seeds that will grow, enemy encounters that will respawn and more.

33 thoughts on “MV Event Spawn Timers

1. ArcheoFox says:

Very nice! Would it be possible to implement plugin commands to increase or decrease the time remaining before the respawn? For example if a carrot grows and I’m going to the inn to sleep, I would be able to deduct the sleep time on the time to growth of the carrot.

Maybe this is already possible?
    Thank you in advance and sorry for my english.

2. ArcheoFox says:

Wow! I now class you the rank of demigod Galv! :-) Thank you very much for your fast and efficient response.

3. ArcheoFox says:

How do I play a text automatically when a carrot pushed? I tried with the basic text system and various plugins popup message, but I can not. Can you help me ?

4. ArcheoFox says:

I would like to display text on the screen as soon as the carrot is harvestable (when the switch B is activated by your plugin). But I can not.
    (Note that I’m a noob) ^^’

Unfortunately that’s not something this plugin does – but it might be able to be done with eventing. Sorry I don’t have time to teach you eventing, you’ll have to experiment yourself. But do you really want to do that? What if 20 carrots are harvestable at one time? 20 messages?

• John says:

This is doable if you’re a little creative. Just don’t put the timer on each and every carrot, but on one external event, that runs on AUTORUN.

This even will run, once the times is up and its switch goes on, Just don’t use a self switch, but a common switch.
        Give each carrot a tab with paralel run, that say “self switch on”, with as condition the same switch that got triggeren by the timer. And make the carrot harvestable with self switch on.

5. ArcheoFox says:

Ok I understand. I will try to take steps forward with eventing.

My wish is not necessarily using complete messages, but perhaps icons or numbers. Nevertheless, the possibility of the text would allow more flexibility for farming.

Thank you again for this great plugin.

6. Ned Neader says:

Love the script, however, I don’t understand the timers for OTHER events. This is what I am doing:

placing the script call in Event 1 this.setSpawn(0,2,20); Meaning event 2 on this map with 20 seconds. In event 2, I have a move route set up, custom with a plugin call…this.doTimer(“A”,true); on page #2 of event 2 (conditions are that A is on) I have a text message appear.

But, after the 20 seconds are up, no message appears? Am I supposed to set the plugin call in Event #1 instead of #2? What am I doing wrong?

Is your event 2 page #2 autorun? It won’t activate the the page automatically, it just turns the self switch on… then it acts like a normal event.

7. Ned Neader says:

Ok. That it probably it.
    Also, it is correct to have the plugin call…this.doTimer(“A”,true); in the 2nd and not the 1st event?

8. mixtagames says:

Hey Galv
    I’ve seen one thing is that if you leave a text message, the events continue with your timer and when off the text message, the event has already been activated your local switch. An idea that I think is put to your next version when you open a text message,the timer stopped, and when you quit the message, the timer continuous with the time register,
    For example, you open a message and i a event i hate a timer with 4 to 10, in this moment the event stop to count seconds and when i go out the message, i quit this message, the events count again.
    Not if I explain well, I’m Spanish xD, bye!

Sorry, I don’t have plans to change this plugin to do that.

10. Galv, this.doTimer is need to be called everytime you want to check it, and thats great, but can you do a way to autocheck it, sure i can do it putting it in a common parallel event, but i want to use the self-actor and the self-map, this.doTimer(0,0,”C”,true)
    This is the case: when you “kill” the event, the body remains and has a timer of 2 minutes, if the body isnt retired in that 2 minutes, you lose the game, kay, but i cant do the body in the ground be a parallel event that autocheck it, cuz i want to track it anywere in the game, and also, it should be a active via interact event to five the player the chacne to remove the corpse, that killable events, are going to have random id, so…
    can you make a autotraking version of this.doTimer, something like this.doTimerAutoTrack, that is updated every for example, every 3 frames, sience its called, and stops when it ends.

Common parallel event. You cant use the ‘self-map’ or ‘self-event’ setting if you want to check that event anywhere but you could store the map ID and event ID in variables to use in that script call:
      this.doTimer($gameVariables.value(id),$gameVariables.value(id),”C”,true)

An auto-check setting is a good idea, but my to-do list is far too big I do not know when I will get to it.

Updated to version 1.2 to fix a bug that checked the timer in a move route per frame instead of the frequency of the event.

12. quite.toxick says:

This is fantastic, just what I was looking for. Thank you so much : )

13. DOOT says:

Hey, not sure why but it doesn’t seem to be working in my game. The events don’t do anything.

14. jackson says:

Hello, I have a global clock in my game, it works through variables. Would it be possible to set the plant to grow when the day counter increased by 1?

I don’t know how your system works, you’ll have to read the documentation and test out if it does what you need for yourself, sorry.

15. jackson says:

Sorry English, I’d like to know if the plugin works through variables.

16. jackson says:

Is there any limit on the amount of time? Can I configure 5 minutes without having problems with Respaw?

17. Jackson says:

Thank you very much. Congratulations on your work. I’ll use your plugin natively.

Do you accept ordering suggestions? If you ever have time and can create a shop stock, so stores would sell limited items. There are some plugins for this, but they do not work correctly or have multiple conflicts.

I’m currently very busy but I do want to do a custom shop that will include shop stock one day, but that won’t be anytime soon. The amount of work I can do depends on support I get from my Patreon at the moment

18. Jackson says:

I understand. I have a Patreon account also for my 3D models, it’s really tricky to get an acceptable value to work with. Anyway, thank you very much. I will wait for your store in a future ….