MV Cam Control

This plugin adds a sliding motion to the normal camera motion when the player moves and also allows you to change the camera focus to:
– Player
– Event
– X,Y coordinates
Camera will slide to each target it changes to at speed specified in plugin call.

Thanks Anisoft for some fixes!

35 thoughts on “MV Cam Control

1. ss2 says:

Is it intentional that you can’t use the Scroll Map event command? I’ve disabled every plugin but your’s and it seems to be the problem. Anyway that can be fixed?

2. Dave says:

Hi Galv, I’ve a situation with the Cam Control plugin (great plugin). Here is the scene… My characters are walking on a big flight of steps then they walk on an event that triggers the cam control, the cam pan down while the characters keep going on, the pan reach an enemy that is following them. The camera follow the enemy until he reach the heroes.
    The problem is that I want to reset my heroes position (using the transfer player) and the camera instead to keep following the enemy, when i reset the heroes position the camera jumps to the heroes e then it come back to the enemy following it.
    How can I avoid this movement? Can you help me, please? I would like that the camera stays only on the enemy. Is there some kind of conflict with the resert position? Thank you very much. (sorry for my bad english)

Your English was fine. You are right – the default “Transfer Player” event command forced the camera to center on the player by default.

I updated to version 1.8 – grab the new version and let me know if any issues.

• Dave says:

Yeeeeee! It works!!! Thank you very much indeed Galv. Now the cutscene works perfectly and I’ve so much fun ;)
        Ciao from Italy ;)

3. Adam says:

Hi Galv. Cool plugin! I’m having a weird issue though. It seems that sometimes when I load a save file, the game will reposition the camera in the top left corner of the map sometimes putting the character off screen. I’m fairly certain it is related to this plugin because it never happened until I installed it, and it stopped when I disabled it. any clue what might be causing it?

Only sometimes? Can you replicate this problem or is it random?
      Do you have the cam target set to an event that is getting relocated?

• Adam says:

It seems somewhat random. so far it has happened on 3 different maps, and none of those maps really use your plugin. Best I can think of is I have autosave events on a lot of my maps in top left corner. Maybe there is a connection?

Do you have a cam target set when you save the game?

• Adam says:

I may have found a fix. I will have to do some playing around with it, but I added a ‘CAM PLAYER’ command to my autosave events. Hopefully that will take care of it. I’ll keep you posted :)

4. Adam says:

Not on these maps, no. I turn the script off when I’m not using it using the ‘CAM DISABLE’ command so I can use the basic camera pan settings for other events.

Thanks, that helped me replicate it. Just updated this to 1.9 – let me know if it fixes the issue

• Adam says:

Awesome! I’ll mess with it some more this evening and let you know if I come up with anymore issues. You are amazing.

• Adam says:

Initial tests seem to show that you fixed it! Thanks for the help. If I run into the issue again. I’ll let you know.

5. Dan says:

Hey Galv, I need your assistance. Is there a way to disable the smooth camera scroll style of the plugin, whilst still being able have the camera track an event? I have a scene that I can’t get right because of it :(

6. oToToToTo says:

Hey Galv, great plugin! Do you think you will ever add ZOOM functionality to it? I’ve tried using other zoom plugins (they zoom in on the map) but they break your Action Indicators and Timed Message Popup plugins (they seem to get displaced when a zoom is active).

I haven’t looked into zooming yet, but the indicators are based on screen position, so if the zoom plugins dont take that into account they will be out of place.

Did you update to the latest version? Anisoft added some code to make it compatible with a zoom plugin. Not sure which one.

• oToToToTo says:

I didn’t even see their post! Thanks for the heads up I’ll check it out and see what I find.

• StyX92 says:

Yeah thats my big problem too!
      I the messages get shifted. Thats too bad! If you have a solution, please let me know.

7. Cadet says:

Hey, I was wondering if I could make the camera follow the character, but disable the y-axis camera movement for the character, while still allowing for x-axis camera movement.

8. StyX92 says:

Hey Galv.
    Could you add a function, that “waits for cam” ?
    If the cam moved to an event i always have to figure out how long the cam moves. A Command like wait for cam would be an awesome feature

9. StyX92 says:

Mabye good to know for you. But i you use yanflys gridfree doodads than the doodads will “shake” if the player walks.

10. Andrew says:

Can i use this plugin to lock the X coordinate, so that it only follows the player’s Y coordinates?

11. Galv, he descargado muchos de tus plugins y los he estado traduciendo al español porque me encantan, entre ellos, de los que más me fascinan, se encuentra “Control de Cámara”. Utilizo la versión RPG Maker MV 1.4.0.

Sucede que cuando abro tu DEMO todo va excelente, pero cuando intento implementar el plugin en otro proyecto no me muestra ningún azulejo, y eso que utilizo los predeterminados del programa (Exterior). He notado que el plugin sirve en el juego correctamente, porque se nota el movimiento en referencia a los eventos del mapa, pero me genera ese ENORME error con los azulejos, ¿alguna ayuda? – Puedes escribirme al correo, ya que quiero iniciar con los scripts, gracias.

Traduction (https://goo.gl/Ui5q2B):

Galv, I downloaded many of your plugins and I have translated them into Spanish because I love them, among them, the ones that fascinate me most, is “Camera Control”. I use the version RPG Maker MV 1.4.0.

It happens that when I open your DEMO everything is excellent, but when I try to implement the plugin in another project I do not show a tile, and that I use the defects of the program (Exterior). I have noticed that the plugin serves in the game correctly as it shows the movement in reference to map events, but I generate huge error with the tiles, any help? – You can write to me in the mail, since I want to start with the scripts, thank you.

The plugin shouldn’t remove tiles at all. You need to test for plugin conflicts and also if you translated some code that shouldn’t change it might break. Unfortunately I cannot help you with this, sorry.