Menu Layout

Replaces the default RPGMaker VX Ace menu layout with the one shown in the screenshot. You will need to supply your own portrait images, they are NOT included with the script.

DOWNLOAD:
Get it here >

46 thoughts on “Menu Layout

1. warriorofmyth says:

Hey Galv! You can make a change in the script for me? I want some modifications to it as the extra money the window, window location of the current map and information on the the chosen command. I have a model here that I created in Word. If I can I will be very grateful. thanks for reading my comment ^ ^.

I’m not sure what you are after but sorry, I am working on a lot of other stuff. Do you visit any rpgmaker forums that have script requests? Perhaps someone else will modify it for you :)

2. hiiragidaniel says:

Does this work with Yanfly’s menu system?

3. Rob says:

So every character after the 7th member is off screen when changing party members.. is there any way to fix this?

4. EEQ says:

galv howmto create a face layout..?

5. Darangen says:

Is this compatible with your Menu Themes script?

Yes, however some aspects of the menu themes will not be displayed. Put this script below it in the list.

• Darangen says:

When I use these two scripts together the portraits aren’t displayed, only the faces.

Also, the faces start too far to the left and cover up the selected menu. Is there a way to fix that?

Ahh, you are right. I must have changed something after I did the fix and now they don’t work together. Sorry, I don’t have time to fix this soon – I will put it on my to do list for when I can

6. Alex says:

Where do you find the different portraits??

7. Alex says:

Galv is there a way to edit only one bust so it will fit the menu screen. I have four characters and only three are centered correctly, the fourth is off to the side way too far.

8. […] menu artwork by Neverward in the works (I am now using this script by Galv for my […]

9. I made myself portraits to fit with each column (in which each actor would have 89 x 288 (as oppose to the large actor sample in your demo) when the game screen size is 544 x 416.) However, the left side of each portrait is clipped away and don’t display each portrait in the size I intended to put in. Are there anyway to fix such problem? Or which line in the script should I edit?

10. Rich says:

Awesome script. The layout is perfect and simple. I’ve run into a problem though with a summon script. It adds an option to the menu and the icons/stats for the summons don’t align the same way as they do in your script. Whereabouts in your script is the alignment stuff so I can fix the other script? Here is a reference image I made real quick for some rpg maker sites and they all said to leave a message in here instead. http://i.imgur.com/whIDxpM.jpg. I see in your other posts you’re pretty busy, I understand if it’s not possible to help.

11. Giam says:

Is it possible to make NUMBER_OF_ACTORS = Variable?

12. Gurg says:

Fantastic script man. It really is just fantastic. But I’m having a strange mapping error when i use it? Is there a way to solve this problem?

• Gurg says:

It like weirds out my maps and junk. Causing doubles to be created. things to be shifted and the like. Is this an error on my part?

• Gurg says:

Heh. So i found the issue. Turns out itwas the screen size option in da script. By removing it it fixes all of my mapping issues but the layout looks nowhere near as awesome as before. I guess its time for me to find some type of acceptable middle ground.

• Gurg says:

Did some super sleuthing. Turns out its not actually your script doing anything. its a common problem everyone runs into but i never experienced. Just had to make every map atleast 20×15. Still galv youze a beast for deez scripts. Good job babe. Later days.

13. STG says:

Played around with this script in your demo, looks great. :) But is it still incompatible with your menu themes engine script? I have full body portraits that look really nice & they would add to the awesomeness of your menu theme engine script.

14. Hello, I got a problem with this script (or a piece of it).
    The character’s portraits aren’t showing on the screen (no error on the screen), there are just “invisible”.
    I name them correctly because if one picture is missing, there is an error).

It could be how big your images are. I can’t see them so unsure. Download the demo and see how big the images are in there

• I’m already using the demo :)
        I’ve try to resize the 4 of them that are not at the same size (the 2 other characters are the same size because there are from the “official” actor).
        The result is the same : there are not appearing on the screen.

Are they not appearing for you in the script demo?

15. Yes, they are appearing. And, I also correct my problem. They are now appearing on my game too. Thanks for the support :D !

16. Alberto Cerrone says:

why not work with your theme script?? :( make me sad..a lot sad

17. Shuko says:

Excellent script. Though I have a quick question.

Is there any way to get rid of the TP gauge display on the menu?

18. Nedel says:

Hey Galv, I wanted to use your menu system, but it seems it’s not compatible with Khas Message System. When I use both, this happens:

I’d like to know why, maybe there’s something you can do to fix. I’d appreciate!
    Thanks!

I don’t think it has anything to do with khas’ message system. My plugin comes with code that increases your screen size, which will cause issues like your screenshots if your maps are too small for that screen size.

Have a read of the script settings at the top of the code where it says ‘SCREEN SIZE’

19. Hân Ninh says:

:(( excuse me can you explain more clearly for me? i don’t know where and how to insert portrait of the other actor :((