MV Pseudo Pixel Movement

This plugin gives the illusion of pixel movement for the player but tries to retain all normal tile-based functionality of the game otherwise.
Instead of moving from tile to tile, the player moves on 9 segments within each tile. Events still retain their normal tile-based movement and functionality.

18 thoughts on “MV Pseudo Pixel Movement

1. Umr says:

Hello am using parallax mapping in my project, and yanfly region restriction to make passable and unpassable tiles.

however unless i make transparent passable tiles manually, it does not work. If you could look into the compatibility and update it in the future.

Thanks for the report, I will look into that one in the future

I just spent time testing these plugins out and Yanfly’s Region Restrict plugin works fine with this plugin. Please do more tests to see if it’s not another plugin conflicting with this one that makes it not work.

2. boomyville says:

Would be cool if this could be enabled/disabled via plugin command of some sorts. Doesn’t work too well with mouse movement either. Anyway cool stuff!

Ahh yeah I meant to add it won’t work with mouse movement thanks for mentioning it. Unfortunately it’s not written to be easily turned on and off at this stage

3. Umr says:

a few issues worth mentioning;

in the case the player has set a player touch / event touch to a tile and always want that event happening on touch, the event will repeat itself for every movement on that tile.

It does not currently support followers.

Otherwise great job.

I forgot about followers, thanks for letting me know. As for event repeating – there are options to have a delay before the event would repeat itself or conditional branch code that you can set to only run event commands if the player stands on a certain part of the tile

• Tricimir says:

Do you plan on eventually adding follower support?
        Currently I can’t seem to find any pixel (or peudo) movement systems that support followers that actually work.

I don’t get much support so I have very little time to do everything, but I do plan to one day, yeah

4. W.o.L says:

Demo is neat! It looks a lot cooler then tile based movement. I was just wondering if you might be adding a restriction to an event say so the player could only walk on a certain portion like a half of it? It would be more for aesthetic than collisions. I like to use curved cliff edges and whatnot but in 48×48 the player can walk too far over the edge. Blocking the whole tile off looks very weird and it’s not always great for thin paths, so it’d be cool if you would consider this!

Unfortunately, sorry – not at this point. I want to keep it simple and tile-based still, doing something like that would be bordering on a full pixel movement plugin

5. Wagner says:

Hi Galv,

Very nice plugin there !

However doesn’t seems to work properly with your other plugin “ActionIndicator”. In my project, only one icon at a time is displayed, and it won’t disapear until the event is deleted.

Anyway, u rox !

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll have to do some compatibility updates

I just tested this and it works fine for me… what exactly is happening? My Action Indicator plugin should only show one icon at a time. I cannot see any issues… try changing the order of the plugins.

6. Wagner says:

As exemple :
    I have two boxes in a room. When the hero faces one boxe, an icon representing a magnifying glasse appear. When the hero turns back the icon normally disapear, and an other icon can appear if he faces the other box.

Works fine without “pseudo pixel movement”, but if i activate it, then the first icon will never disapear and the second will never appear.

Thanks for ur help :)

Ahh, you are mentioning a bug that happened even without this plugin. Make sure you have the latest version of the Action Indicator plugin.

• Wagner says:

U were right, i had an oldest version, fixed.

But the bug is still here… And i tried many things : load order, desactivating plugins, starting a new project…

Thx for ur time

Unfortunately I cannot replicate the bug in the latest version of the plugin.

Does the bug happen for you in the demo? If no then it has something to do with your project. Make sure you overwrote the plugin with the latest version in the project you are working on.