MV Pseudo Pixel Movement

This plugin gives the illusion of pixel movement for the player but tries to retain all normal tile-based functionality of the game otherwise.
Instead of moving from tile to tile, the player moves on 9 segments within each tile. Events still retain their normal tile-based movement and functionality.

33 thoughts on “MV Pseudo Pixel Movement

1. Umr says:

Hello am using parallax mapping in my project, and yanfly region restriction to make passable and unpassable tiles.

however unless i make transparent passable tiles manually, it does not work. If you could look into the compatibility and update it in the future.

Thanks for the report, I will look into that one in the future

I just spent time testing these plugins out and Yanfly’s Region Restrict plugin works fine with this plugin. Please do more tests to see if it’s not another plugin conflicting with this one that makes it not work.

2. boomyville says:

Would be cool if this could be enabled/disabled via plugin command of some sorts. Doesn’t work too well with mouse movement either. Anyway cool stuff!

Ahh yeah I meant to add it won’t work with mouse movement thanks for mentioning it. Unfortunately it’s not written to be easily turned on and off at this stage

3. Umr says:

a few issues worth mentioning;

in the case the player has set a player touch / event touch to a tile and always want that event happening on touch, the event will repeat itself for every movement on that tile.

It does not currently support followers.

Otherwise great job.

I forgot about followers, thanks for letting me know. As for event repeating – there are options to have a delay before the event would repeat itself or conditional branch code that you can set to only run event commands if the player stands on a certain part of the tile

• Tricimir says:

Do you plan on eventually adding follower support?
        Currently I can’t seem to find any pixel (or peudo) movement systems that support followers that actually work.

I don’t get much support so I have very little time to do everything, but I do plan to one day, yeah

4. W.o.L says:

Demo is neat! It looks a lot cooler then tile based movement. I was just wondering if you might be adding a restriction to an event say so the player could only walk on a certain portion like a half of it? It would be more for aesthetic than collisions. I like to use curved cliff edges and whatnot but in 48×48 the player can walk too far over the edge. Blocking the whole tile off looks very weird and it’s not always great for thin paths, so it’d be cool if you would consider this!

Unfortunately, sorry – not at this point. I want to keep it simple and tile-based still, doing something like that would be bordering on a full pixel movement plugin

5. Wagner says:

Hi Galv,

Very nice plugin there !

However doesn’t seems to work properly with your other plugin “ActionIndicator”. In my project, only one icon at a time is displayed, and it won’t disapear until the event is deleted.

Anyway, u rox !

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll have to do some compatibility updates

I just tested this and it works fine for me… what exactly is happening? My Action Indicator plugin should only show one icon at a time. I cannot see any issues… try changing the order of the plugins.

6. Wagner says:

As exemple :
    I have two boxes in a room. When the hero faces one boxe, an icon representing a magnifying glasse appear. When the hero turns back the icon normally disapear, and an other icon can appear if he faces the other box.

Works fine without “pseudo pixel movement”, but if i activate it, then the first icon will never disapear and the second will never appear.

Thanks for ur help :)

Ahh, you are mentioning a bug that happened even without this plugin. Make sure you have the latest version of the Action Indicator plugin.

• Wagner says:

U were right, i had an oldest version, fixed.

But the bug is still here… And i tried many things : load order, desactivating plugins, starting a new project…

Thx for ur time

Unfortunately I cannot replicate the bug in the latest version of the plugin.

Does the bug happen for you in the demo? If no then it has something to do with your project. Make sure you overwrote the plugin with the latest version in the project you are working on.

7. StyX92 says:

Very nice plugin! Only one thing, that dont work as well.
    If i use moveroute core from yanfly, i know you cannot make everything compatible with everything, but it would be a nice thing, if you have a look at my demo. Maybe you can create a fix :)

8. Puebeck says:

Hi there,
    I was wondering if it’s possible to have some kind of collision map using this plugin? I made some diagonal walls which feel awkward if you can’t walk on the parts where they touch the ground.

No, sorry – this is a tile-based plugin that changes the movement a little to give the illusion of pixel movement. A collision map would require an actual pixel movement plugin.

9. rafael says:

Hello,

Is there a way to have an option to disable pixel movement when using the move route command?

10. Will says:

Hi Galv,

Great plugin! Movement looks much more natural now.

Unfortunately, there appear to be a few bugs in how the plugin treats player-operated vehicles. For boats and ships, when the player boards them, somehow the plugin automatically moves them to the player’s location, rather than moving the player to where they are. The result is that they get beached on the land.

Additionally, boats and ships are NEVER capable of moving through the water, even if water tiles are set as passable for the player and the player boards them while already being on the water (preventing them from getting beached due to the aforementioned bug).

Finally, although the airship has no problems with movement, it is almost impossible to land once it’s in the air! I suspect the reason is that the game won’t allow the airship to land unless it’s in the middle of a tile, which it usually isn’t when the player is flying and your plugin is activated.

I replicated these bugs in my game with all my other plugins turned off. I also replicated them in your demo. The plugin is definitely the source of the problem.

Now, resourceful users might be able to work around some of these bugs. I found a simple, if somewhat ugly, fix for the airship landing bug. (I created a common event running in parallel to check if the airship is being driven and the player is pressing the OK button. If those conditions hold, the event teleports the player to the center of the tile they are current on. The problem with this solution is twofold: 1 – The player has to press the OK button twice to disembark. 2 – It is kind of ugly for the airship to teleport to the center of the tile every time the player disembarks.) But I think these are the sorts of issues that really shouldn’t exist in the base plugin.

I hope you have time to sort this out. Either way, I appreciate all the work you do to create some amazing plugins!

11. System Logoff says:

Bug report as well, not sure if you’ll ever update this plugin:

When the map is large enough that it needs to scroll sprites will end up moving off by 1px on the grid, causing them to bounce.

12. System Logoff says:

Note, this is only for 1 out of the 3 positions you can be on the tile.

13. Andrew says:

Hey Galv, I really like that this plugin, but most of the time when the player transfers from one map to another, they glitch and jump out a certain distance when you try to walk from the spot after transfer. My game has a lot of transfer events so this is a problem. The player will even sometimes teleport over a tile and end up stuck in other objects. I made a gif of the problem. https://gyazo.com/4fed1a448cecea34d69c4f27282e2308

The 1st time, I tried moving right and it made me move up first then let me move right. The 2nd time was fine and then the last event I tried moving right and up but it teleported me down and then back up which is how it makes the player get stuck in random objects. This only happens if you transfer the player to a new map. It’s fine if you do transfer events on the same map. This was made in your demo using only that plugin. All I did was make a new map and then made the transfer event to that new map

14. aston00rick says:

Hello Galv. First I want to say thank you for what you do. You are very appreciated. I Love this plugin. Thank you for this. I seem to have an issue, When I use this plugin and I have a door event or a fire event in a fireplace and such the events seem to kinda move and flicker. I am using the grid free doo dad plugin and the region restriction plugin. Any help would be appreciated. Again thank you friend.

It’s likely not compatible with grid free doodads. Many of my plugins are not, sorry.
      This plugin is awaiting lots of bug fixes, too, when I get time.