MV Action Indicators

Enables you to display an icon above the event the player is facing. This icon has a floating up and down movement and is determined using a tag inside a comment anywhere on an event’s active page. The idea for this is to be used to indicate to the player what the action key will do before they press it.

44 thoughts on “MV Action Indicators

1. That’s amazing! I don’t think I found a plugin like this one on VX. Glad it now exists thanks to you on MV.
    Is there a way to manage the distance from which the icon is displayed, and also a way to change icon’s transparency? Thanks!

2. SumRndmDde says:

Hey man, there’s a major bug existing in this Plugin that you should know about.

If a map has a whole ton of events, but then one of the events with a lower ID is removed, then you get this error:

It would be really awesome if this is fixed cause this Plugin is a must-use for all of my projects!

3. Robin says:

Hi Galv,

Looks like this great plugin of yours isn’t compatible with Quasi’s Movement plugin :(
    (http://quasixi.com/quasi-movement/)
    When you stand in front of an event the icon just flickers and disappear =/

4. Lömelian says:

Hi Galv,

Looks like this great plugin of yours isn’t compatible with Quasi’s Movement plugin (http://quasixi.com/quasi-movement/) =(
    When the player stands against an event, the icon flickers and disappears instead of lightly bouncing as expected.

There seem to be a compatibility issue with the pixel movement settings- it’s the ‘Grid’ parameter that allows you to choose how many pixels the player moves at once. If the value is inferior to 48 pixels (the default MV value), then the icon isn’t showing properly.

Any chance you could look into it?

Cheers :)

5. archiaart says:

Hello Galv! I love this plugin, it looks so slick!

I was wondering if there was a way to customise it? Right now, the icons show when the player is facing an event. Can it be made so that it can also detect events that the player is standing on as well? Not when facing it, but when standing on it? Thank you ^^

6. ImPunish3r says:

Hey Galv,

Do you work on a way for us to customise the plugin ? Like pop up the icon when standing on a event, managing the distance or in a event already started.

Great job tho !

I have plans to add checking for when standing on an event, I don’t plan to add anything to do with distance and by “in an event already started” do you mean hide it while the event is running? I like that idea, adding it to my to-do list

• ImPunish3r says:

Nice ill be waiting :D

I mean that i can pop the icon while ”accepting a quest” to show the player where to go or for a tutorial and you should check for the distant like if a NPC is on a other side of a counter, but its you :D

This plugin is to indicate to the player what the action key will do – it won’t show the player where to go or indicate anything else.

Making this work with counter is a great idea, though

Updated to 1.3 – now works for events under the player and also counters

8. TheAkrib says:

Hello Galv,
    first of all, thank you for this really great plugin, it’s unbelievable handy!

I wonder wether it would be possible to integrate an option to change the y-offset with a script-call from inside an event?

For example: If i want an icon to appear above a door than I’d like it to be a lot higher than above a chest.
    In the screenshot at the top of this page for example, the icon above the chest seems to be right in place while the icon above the npc seems to cut off a bit of her head.

9. quite.toxick says:

I really like the idea of your plugin… but I can’t get it to work in my project : (
    The demo works fine, thou. I checked everything there is to check, also moved your plugin to the top of the list, but to no avail, the icon’s simply won’t show up. Is there any known interference with other plugins? I’m using most of Yanfly’s stuff and a few plugins by Hime.

10. Adrian Miro says:

Hey Galv! I love your plugin. There’s a way to make it appear being far away from the event? I mean, the icon only appears if I’m next to the event.
    Thanks!

11. Hiroshi Palmer says:

How can I find all the Icon ID’s?

One way is to go into your database and try changing the icon for an item or skill. You will see the icon ID in the bottom left of the window while choosing one.

12. Chris Dougherty says:

I love this script :) Great job. Is there any way to adjust the y offset for the icons for each event individually, Say add in a y axis offset to the comment stating which icon to be displayed? I ask because events with different sizes ie a door have the icon located in a different place to say a chest with the current set up.

Or how would i go about changing it so the icon actually appears above the players head for consistency? I actually like the idea of that now i think about it :) displaying the action a player can take with an object above their head,

Any help would be greatly appreciated and i look forwards to seeing some more of your work

13. Momsenek says:

Thanks for this plugin. It is really awesome :-) Thanks for your effort.

14. Comone says:

Love it! Works great. Came here looking for something else, but you just increased the scope and feel of my game again. I NEED THIS. LOL! All of the better!

15. Jackson says:

Great plugin! Would it be possible to add a function so that the icon appears regardless of the player’s position? For example, if the player passes the side. I can do this through the sensor plugin, but I’m popando functions and plugins in my game.

Sorry, not for this one. This plugin displays an icon to indicate to the player if they press the action button something will happen.

16. skyforger007 says:

This is really not an issue but a minor thing. The icon doesn’t popup when turning to face another object with the same icon as it does when there are different icons. Icon just appears at the other position without the popup effect, any way to fix this other than using duplicate icons in another id?

17. apex says:

This plugin still works with the current version of MV? I can not get any action indicators on screen :(

• apex says:

Okay, after restarting MV a few times it works. Number 5 lives. This ist genius. Thanks a lot for this great plugin!

18. apex says:

Please excuse the new question, but i’m trying to establish your action indicators to point up player transfer events at the maps borders. At the maps lower border I use a below character event, which only should show a indicator, if the player character is looking downward. So I created a appropriate conditional branch (player is facing down), but the indicator also shows up, if the player is facing west, east and north. The indicator comment is situated inside the conditional branch, as in your demo (the chest event). Should this work as intended or does the indicator ignores conditional branches? Right now the indicator shows up, even if the player arrives at a new map from south. It’s a minor thing, but I saw this conditional branch at your demo and so I’m curious, if it still works (the chest event in your demo seems broken, too). I’ve uploaded a screen showing my issue: https://files.fm/u/hxupga6t#/view/action_indicator_down.png

The indicator ignores conditional branches… it’s not part of the activated event. It pops up when that event is able to be activated with the action button no matter where it is in the event commands.

• apex says:

Yeah, I thought so. Thanks for the fast reply. I’ve avoided the described issue with a prallel conditional branch asking, if the player is looking upwards, else triggering a self switch activating another event page with the transfer command / indicator. Now the indicator doesn’t pop up when arriving at a new map. Certainly not the ideal solution, but until now I feel comfortable. :D Thanks for creating the plugin. I will check out your patreon tommorow.